Some interesting ideas for your Read Only Friday...
- When is "Friday" Thursday?
- Don't break an RSS Feed on Thursday, Don't apply patches willy nilly Thursday night (or run Windows update on a Friday)
- Do internet "research" - and I don't mean FaceBook - look into those product upgrades that you don't have time for the rest of the week. If you don't have money look into open source software that could solve a problem in your office. (Example - PDFCreator)
- Review the log files, you know, in your policy it says you review the security logs for this firewall and the backup logs from that server... Give it a once over and find out what you're missing that might bite you later.
- Submit your PCI SAQ (or insert other compliance document). Oh yeah, that's what I should be doing right now!
- Write up documentation, and make WINK videos training users on basic stuff.
- Wipe out old PC hard drives. You choose: DBAN or Sledgehammer!!!
- Set up old PC's to donate to a charity or staff.
- Catch up on back help desk entries...
- Do something for your partner (work, home, business - whatever!)
- Check the Tech News - this Friday: Obama Reportedly Holding Press Conference On Security Transparency Today At 3PM ET http://tcrn.ch/1cAclmn
Thanks to the Spiceworks watercooler for some ideas...