Reasons to skip the video?
- The video is bound to simplify the important details that are fundamental building blocks in any product.
- The video is produced by marketing people, who all too often do not understand the product.
- If I am coming to you for information, I already have specific questions to answer about how your product will work in my business environment.
- I can read the text much faster and skip to the important parts rather than watch the video.
How can marketers and educators help me?
- Focus on the text.
- Hire technical writers.
- Focus on the technology.
- Eliminate "market-speak", a technical manual is not a place to blather on about innovation.
- Avoid appropriating terms from other technologies that have a similar meaning.
- Write declarative sentences.
Example: "Introduction to Microsoft Windows Server 2016" Microsoft Books
|Pillars||Security||Are clear about|
|Platform of choice||On-premises||Now-exist|