Friday, January 10, 2020
Or worse, when even listening to people talk mindlessly becomes painful?
Drink coffee. Maybe cultivate the ability to rock back and forth, standing, with a cup of coffee.
Like this guy. "How are those TPS reports coming?"
Check out this article on office design: "Uninspired Setting? Uninspired Work." - GQ
Perhaps this is a call to clean the office? That helps when I am feeling uninspired!
But first, coffee...
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Thursday, October 13, 2016
Reasons to skip the video?
- The video is bound to simplify the important details that are fundamental building blocks in any product.
- The video is produced by marketing people, who all too often do not understand the product.
- If I am coming to you for information, I already have specific questions to answer about how your product will work in my business environment.
- I can read the text much faster and skip to the important parts rather than watch the video.
How can marketers and educators help me?
- Focus on the text.
- Hire technical writers.
- Focus on the technology.
- Eliminate "market-speak", a technical manual is not a place to blather on about innovation.
- Avoid appropriating terms from other technologies that have a similar meaning.
- Write declarative sentences.
Example: "Introduction to Microsoft Windows Server 2016" Microsoft Books
|Pillars||Security||Are clear about|
|Platform of choice||On-premises||Now-exist|
Thursday, June 2, 2016
Will VR and mixed reality take off? Microsoft touted Windows Holographic today in an email to Windows Insiders - members of its beta community.
Perhaps as much of a misnomer as 'four channel stereo?' Or just a way to say that we support interactive 3D media?
I'll have to reserve judgement on the 'Holographic' tag, as that implies vastly more information storage than 3D interactive.
Thursday, March 31, 2016